New Orleans Food Tour: French Quarter Favorites
Join a local guide to learn how people from all backgrounds settling along the banks of the Mississippi came together to make the French Quarter what it is today. And what better way to experience this than trying out delicious local food? On our New Orleans food tour, we’ll take you to a local hangout for the best beignets, offer a chance to tuck into mouth-watering Cajun and Creole dishes, and visit a market older than the city itself. Maybe you’ll try a N’awlins muffuletta, appreciate the praline and its fascinating history, or indulge in alligator sausage. Either way, by the end you’ll be filled but wanting to take all of the best New Orleans recipes home with you!
- Walk along the iconic Mississippi River and take in the beautiful views and its history.
- Enjoy a sweet breakfast with a classic Nola treat – the beignet!
- Head over to the French Market and learn of the history of its culinary background from your guide.
- Grab a cup of Gumbo, a classic bite in New Orleans much loved by the locals and tourists alike!
- Be daring with some spicy sauces, maybe some tabasco?
Inclusions: Local English-speaking guide and food samples. Please note: food options and portion sizes will vary depending on the season and where we stop that day but the total amount of food included will be equal to a full meal.
Exclusions: Additional food and drink, souvenirs, tips/gratuities for your guide.
- Duration: 2.5 hours
- Start time: 10:30am, 2:00pm
- Availability: Thurs – Mon (closed Tues & Wed)